This will be the very first award that I will be writing in my blog where I will be answering 11 questions that my nominator asked of me. If you have read my previous blogs, you would have realized that I wrote about a nomination not too long ago.
That blog was related to a fun tag about some of my favorite feelings. I have posted a link right below if you are interested in reading.
Continue Reading to learn about the person who nominated me for this amazing award along with my answers to those 11 questions. In the end, I will also nominate 11 other outstanding bloggers and ask my 11 questions to my nominees.
Let’s Dive into it!!!
Who Nominated Me?
First of all, I want to thank Aahana Aggarwal for nominating me for this wonderful award. She writes a blog by the name of “The Mystic Wagon” where she writes stunning blog posts covering from current events in India to her personal stories/poems.
She was one of the first bloggers to comment on my blog to share her thoughts. We first met on a post that I wrote about the locust invasion in India.
She is one of the few bloggers who would always share her thoughts on my blog posts and I would definitely recommend checking out her fascinating blog.
What Are The Rules?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Make sure to list the rules and post a photo of the award logo.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them your own 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on one of their recent posts.
11 Questions From My Nominator
- What is your pet peeve?
I would consider any kind of noise as my pet peeve. I work best in a very calm environment and this was one of the main reasons why I love to work either super early in the morning or at midnight.
This might also be the reason why I am interested in working as a library aide at my high school library along with volunteering in the local museum.
- What is your favorite genre of books?
Although I am not a huge fan of reading books, I would say that my favorite genre of books would be from Mystery. I am only into books which makes me guess the next scene.
- Do you watch Netflix? If yes, which is your favorite movie/series on Netflix?
Actually, I don’t watch Netflix. But, I love the XYZ Pokemon Series—especially the Ash-Greninja duo.
- Do you prefer street food or restaurants?
Since I have lived in India and the United States, I have quite a bit of experience with both street food and restaurants. Between these two choices, I would definitely prefer restaurants since I hear many people getting cancer after eating street food on a regular basis.
However, if you ask me from a very general perspective, I would always love to eat at home. I am a die-hard fan of my mom’s cooking and her home-made food is something that keeps me going.
In the future, I have plans for writing about some traditional cooking recipes from Tamil Nadu. If you prefer a specific recipe, comment down in the comment section below and I will ask my mom for the recipe.
- Would you rather live on a beach such as Hawaii or in a city like New York? Why?
Throughout my life, I have always lived in highly populated areas. I used to live in Chennai, India (come on, it’s India….it’s crowded everywhere) and now in Los Angeles, California.
Since I have these types of experiences, I would rather continue to live in those types of places. Besides, I am the type of person who always makes sure to keep myself busy with something. Therefore, beach life like Hawaii doesn’t really suit my style of working on a constant basis.
Speaking of New York, I visited the city last November and I loved it for the most part. It was very interesting to see that people just walk everywhere and that they don’t respect the walk signal (no offense, but it reminded me of India).
- Which subject do you dislike or hate the most and why?
Yes, I know….I am writing blogs while English is my least favorite subject.
I am just not a huge fan of old pieces of literature like Shakespeare. That being said, I believe that writing on a regular basis is just an amazing practice that will keep my writing skills sharp.
- Have you developed and new skill during the pandemic? Elaborate.
I have trying to do a few things during this time of quarantine.
For a few weeks, I spent learning Arabic on Duolingo. The key reason behind this decision was that I learned to read Arabic at a young age. However, I never got the chance to understand and speak the language.
My essays for college admissions and my commitment to this blog began to eat up my time where I lost of bit of touch lately.
Also, another skill that I have been trying to develop was my art. I love to draw from a very young age, but never had the right guidance on learning the proper techniques. So, I am currently self-teaching the proper way of learning drawing from an online course.
- Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I felt that I want to have a voice on this planet where I should be able to express my feelings about some of the current events that happen in India. After looking at many different types of media, I chose to blog on WordPress by writing my thoughts on some of the major issues along with reading all your people’s posts.
If you ever wondered why I chose a news related blog, this was my simple reasoning.
- Any obstacle which you overcame to continue your heartiest desires?
I found a club in my school related to craft making. Since it was a new club, it was really difficult to grab attention amongst the other popular clubs on campus.
We held a fundraiser last year and spread the news about the club through multiple platforms (posters, teachers, social media, etc). After successfully leading the club for 2 years, we were able to receive some regular members who love the art of craft-making like origami.
- Which book is your favorite and why?
The Unmapped Sea, the 5th book of the series “The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place,” is my favorite book till today. It’s a book that I read during my middle school times (I actually don’t read too many books + I don’t have much time in high school).
I posted a link below to a summary of those 6 books if you are interested.
This is a book series that I read about 4-5 years ago. Although there are 6 books now, there were only 5 books written at the time I was reading.
One of the reasons why I loved this book from the series was that there was an amazing twist (love mysteries) at the end of the book which I never knew the answer to. I was very saddened at the time that the sequel was still under progress.
The 6th book released a few years back and I might restart the entire series so that I can absorb the full experience.
- Which creature fascinates you the most? Why?
I wasn’t exactly sure by what Aahana meant by “creature,” but I will go with my favorite pokemon.
I loved the sleek ninja design that they gave to Greninja along with a signature move, Water Shuriken. And, watching Ash and Greninja battle in the Kalos League with the Ash-Greninja upgrade made it out of this world.
My List of Nominees
- International Daily Info – http://internationaldailyinfo.wordpress.com/
- fairywitch – https://fairywitchblogs.wordpress.com/
- Sakshi – https://dxnwithsakshi.wordpress.com/
- Sara – https://sarafowall.wordpress.com/
- DiyaS – https://diyasankar.wordpress.com/
- daneelyunus – https://daneelyunus.com/
- Mohammad Sohail – https://howsthatcricket.wordpress.com/
- HealthNewsPW – https://health-news.pw/
- Tanya Sheik – https://abuddingspark.wordpress.com/
- dixitmrityunjay – https://septemberhearttohearts.wordpress.com/
- Life Quotes – https://newlifequotes4.wordpress.com/
My 11 Questions For My Nominees
- How many languages do you know? (Specify your native language)
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- What do you love to do when you feel stressed/depressed?
- Do you have any old habits that you were never able to get rid of?
- Did you have any big changes in your life due to the pandemic? If you do, what are they?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Why?
- Describe something that would make you really angry?
- How funny are you? (Rate yourself from 1 to 10)
- Do you call yourself a clean or messy person? Why?
- What would you do when there is a tornado approaching your direction?
If you have any questions/thoughts about my answers to those 11 questions or if you just had something to say, feel free to comment them down in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP.
Please Subscribe to Top Tamil Talk
Receive FREE newsletters delivered directly to your inbox!